Home Tips My Personal Injury Lawyer Dropped My Case – What Now?

My Personal Injury Lawyer Dropped My Case – What Now?

My Personal Injury Lawyer Dropped My Case – What Now?
My Personal Injury Lawyer Dropped My Case

My personal injury lawyer dropped my case : If your personal injury lawyer dropped your case, you’re probably wondering if there’s any way you can still pursue it yourself, or if you’re just out of luck and will have to walk away empty-handed.

Unfortunately, when a lawyer doesn’t feel like they can win your case, they often drop it so they don’t waste their own time and money on it; however, that doesn’t mean you’re completely out of options.

Retain Another Personal Injury Attorney

If your personal injury lawyer has dropped your case, it’s important to find a new lawyer who is experienced in your type of case. This can be challenging, but there are a few steps you can take to make the process less painful.

First, you should file an official complaint with the state bar association. The complaint will help motivate the disciplinary board to conduct a more in-depth investigation into your former attorney’s behavior.

Second, talk to friends and family members about their experiences with attorneys and see if anyone they know could refer someone for you.

Word of mouth referrals are often the best way to find qualified lawyers because these people have had firsthand experience working with them and won’t steer you wrong as long as they’re honest about their feelings about the attorney in question.

File a Complaint With the State Bar Association

If you’ve been dropped by your personal injury lawyer, it’s important to know that there are options for you. The first thing you’ll want to do is file a complaint with the State Bar Association if your lawyer is licensed in your state. If they’re not, then the next step would be to contact the board of professional conduct in the attorney’s home state. You can find contact information on the State Bar Association’s website.

Personal Injury Law in the United States

Sue Your Personal Injury Attorney for Malpractice

If your personal injury lawyer dropped your case, you might be able to sue them for malpractice. The first thing you should do is contact a different attorney in the area and see if they are willing to take on your case.

If they are not, find another one. If they are, go ahead and sign a contract with them that states the terms of representation. If no attorneys in the area will take on your case, it may be time to turn to the courts yourself.

In order to do this, you’ll need a lawyer who can provide assistance with filing an action for legal malpractice against your previous lawyer.

Take Your Case to Small Claims Court

The first thing you should do when your personal injury lawyer drops your case is to contact the client service department of the law firm and ask for an explanation.

If the firm does not have a satisfactory explanation, you will want to consider taking them to court yourself in small claims court. Small claims courts are set up to handle cases where the amount of damages being sought is not large enough to justify hiring a lawyer.

You can represent yourself in court, or if you choose to hire a lawyer, they will only charge you on a contingency fee basis.

This means that they only get paid if they win your case. There are also many free resources available online that can help guide you through the process of filing suit in small claims court.